Sunday, April 16, 2006

No Joy in the A/C Department

New house here. Okay, condo. New condo here. New. As in not old.

I took Friday off for "me" time, so what did I do with my "me" time? I spent the day trying to get someone to give me a functioning air conditioner. It's 92 degrees F, for God's sake. It's a brand new house, for God's sake.

So... what happened?

Well, the unit just never turned on. So I did as I was instructed; I called the heating and cooling company. They asked me to see if the unit was running at all. Well, the unit didn't run. So it's the electrical current.

Two electricians come and check out the wiring. They take apart my circuit panel and test the wiring. The A/C wire in dead. No juice. Apparently, it's not unusual for the siding guys to drive nails into the wiring.

Monday, they're going to drop by and run another wire from the circuit panel to the unit. They will have to cut a hole in the walls of the unit below to do it. Thank goodness the unit below me is empty. The guys would have been working all evening to get this done.

I'm never moving again.

1 comment:

the queen said...

When we moved in we had an open house. Luckily mom was there to tell my dad to go downstairs and turn the circuit breaker on so we could have ac and not all suffocate.