Tonight, I'm brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed when I hear police or fire engine sirens start blaring outside my new, overpriced condo.
I peek out my curtains and gaze upon the state highway's intersection (a lovely selling point in full view of my undersized balcony), and mercy sake's alive, we got us a convoy. A convoy of police cruisers, cherries blazing, sirens wailing and stuttering. Two cruisers block access to the intersection, while a police Humvee proceeds through, followed by about a half dozen chartered buses.
Initially, I thought this was an escort of prisoners to/from some correctional facility. However, the buses were brightly colored and honking merrily as they rolled past the inconvenienced drivers now piling up at the stoplight.
As an addendum to the New Years Day After Parade, a police helicopter flies by just to make sure (I suppose) that traffic disbursed peacefully from their brush with whatever the hell that was.
????
To what circle of Missouri hell did I move?
2 comments:
Welcome to the Fifth Ring of Hoosier Hell. No. You don't get used to it.
More and more, I'm finding this to be true.
Post a Comment