Sunday, December 17, 2006

Happy Hanukkah to me

Our planned dinner at my house was spectacularly dysfunctional. I thought I was going to have to call 911.

I'm not kidding.

Not at all funny. Completely fucked up, in fact.

I don't know whether to cry or tell my SIL to take her daughter and leave my brother. He would not like what I would say at any divorce proceeding, particularly with regard to custody.

I have made some seriously bad judgments in the last two years. One is buy this condo and the second was sending a letter of recommendation for them to adopt. And now I'm totally in love with a child whose father - my brother - is a heartless, abusive prick.

Under normal circumstances, I'd eat something, but this is bad. Really BAD. One of those majorly BAD times when the desire to eat disappears.

There's not a goddamn thing I can do about this either.

2 comments:

the queen said...

Now, your condo is lovely, and the neighborhood will change.

Your brother won't change, but the wife and baby will adapt, sadly. Still, remember what an influence an aunt can be when the immediate family is screwed up?

Mershy said...

I pray to God you're right.