One of the alleged real events of the book The Amityville Horror included an alleged infestation of houseflies covering a window of this alleged haunted house.
Well, my condo isn't haunted, just overpriced. And apart from its close proximity to a state highway upon which overcompensating, post-adolescent males rev their thunderous, overly accessorized motorcycles or pick-up trucks, it is now infested with flies.
Flies... Dozens of them. In my house. *shudder*
I have no idea where they came from -- I assume there is some large animal carcass decomposing in my attic -- but after a frenzy of swatting, I purchased two no-pest strips from Home Depot and set them up in my living room and bedroom.
Not good enough.
Wigged out by the sheer number of flies, and not sure of the efficacy of those harmless looking, odor-free devices, I continued my swatting, squashing frenzy. Now, the vast majority of them are enjoying a mass grave in my vacuum cleaner. There are some stragglers I'm finding here and there, but it looks like the no-pest strips are doing the job. The little, gross f*ckers are dying a slow death.
Good.
No comments:
Post a Comment