THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION. It is a nation of Christians, but THE FOUNDING FATHERS DELIBERATELY WANTED THIS GOVERNMENT TO BE SECULAR BECAUSE THEY KNEW WHAT HAPPENED WITH NATIONS RUN BY RELIGIOUS ZEALOTRY.
Honestly, if a person seriously believes that a nation run by Fundamentalist Christians is somehow morally superior to a nation run by Muslim Fundamentalists, I have to question his or her judgment.
Since last Friday, when McCain announced his pick for veep, I've been engaged in serious shadenfreude. What a stoopid selection. Does Grampy McSame hate Mitt that much? Or Tim Pawlenty? Or Kay Bailey Hutchison? There is no doubt in my mind, the real John McCain has had the maverick bleached out of him by his own party.
I had a LOT of respect for McCain eight years ago. I actually thought he would make a great president, but I don't know who this guy is. As far as I'm concerned, he's completely incompetent and incapable of running his bank account, let alone a nation. Take his running mate. Please.
MYTH: Palin has more executive experience than Obama.
REALITY: Going by that gauge, she's more experienced than John McCain.
MYTH: The media are sexist.
REALITY: They are doing the job of vetting his running mate the McCain camp didn't do. Sadly, this 'blame the media' bullshit tends to work, as the Right has done a fabulous job of convincing good people the Fourth Estate is biased against them, when in truth the mainstream media (as it had been at the time Reagan launched the right-wing war on the free press) has been defanged. Only now, when legitimate journalists like Campbell Brown miraculously ask legitimate questions such as "Please give me an example of when Sarah Palin made a foreign policy decision while governor of Alaska" and McCain's response is to cancel an appearance on CNN in retaliation, I have to pray the MSM stands up to his dottering POW ass.
MYTH: Sarah Palin is ready to be president.
REALITY: Oh. My. God. No. If she thinks GOD wants a pipeline for Alaska, what the fuck is she talking about? God's will be done for Alaska? Come on.
MYTH: Sarah Palin was a reformer in Alaskan politics.
REALITY: If you're meaning she is a strong supporter of Alaska's secession from the Union, that would probably qualify her as something of a reformer. She may have switched to the GOP, but there is strong evidence she is still aligned with Alaska secession. How best to attain that goal than to get involved in a mainstream party.
As far as being a reformer in GOP politics, Palin hired a lobbyist and traveled to Washington annually to support earmarks for the town totaling $27 million. In her 20 months as governor, Alaska has requested nearly $750 million in special federal spending, the largest per-capita request in the nation by far. Only when the famous Ted Stevens "bridge to nowhere" was ridiculed nationally, she eventually rejected it and as we've seen she now proudly claims she told the federal government "No thanks."
MYTH: Children and families should be off-limits.
REALITY: Children and families should be off-limits for Republican candidates only.
There is so much more, and I'll say much more, but firstly, I have lost complete respect for the Republican Party, save Peggy Noonan and Mike Murphy. Sadly, they are the only two high-profile Republicans who have managed to be honest about Palin's selection. "Polical bullshit" and "cynical". Of course, I wish they'd said this knowing their mikes were on.
Not a word from this shrew's mouth in her speech about health care, not a word about the middle class, not a word about the housing crisis. Just sarcasm and empty rhetoric.
Perhaps it's best to hear from people who know this twit best: Check this out.
Caribou Barbie is a dangerously incompetent choice. And McCain's judgment in picking her should be very revealing to people of common sense.
2 comments:
taking your cue - I was just worried about the beaver. Is that what you mean? Because she's a Canadian ____?
About being mean and partisan. But perhaps Palin has a problem with her hoo-hah, which would explain a lot.
Post a Comment