Interesting Holiday meal at the brother's house Christmas eve. And I wouldn't call it entirely dysfunctional. A Hanukkah eve miracle.
I'd never met my brother's in-laws before. Although apparently, I had. I don't remember, and no, it's not because I drank at his reception.
There's Aunt Pat, Aunt Judy, feisty, elderly and teeny-tiny Aunt Bev, Cousin Jeannie, Cousin Dennis and Dennis's pregnant wife whose name I can't recall and who barely deigned to speak to anyone.
Dinner was delicious - my sister-in-law is an excellent cook. There was a family traditional Hanukkah dish of brisket, along with kasha (buckwheat) and shells (pasta shells). There was the not-quite-so traditional Hanukkah ham with corn casserole and the always appropriate mashed potatoes and green bean casserole. I abstained from the ham and had a bit of everything else.
Her family is lively - filled with piss and vinegar. The kind of folks I like. Well... except for Dennis's pregnant and utterly forgettable wife.
Cousin Jeannie did a stint on Dr. Phil a few months back. The subject? Dating. Then she was called back recently to do an update show. Feisty and cute, but... I thought 80s mall hair went out in the 90s. I'm setting my VCR and praying she didn't wear this same hairstyle for her TV appearance.
Anyway... nothing very dysfunctional to report. Dull is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment