Friday, December 02, 2005

Construction Woes

Okay, so it's not automatic that I jump in and blog every excrutiating detail of my life, but I was told by a fellow blogger that I should blog this.

I'm in the midst of building a house. Well, not a house - a condo. I purchased this godforsaken thing September 4, with the assurance that end of January, possible mid-February (at the latest), would be a good bet for closing.

So why was I told yesterday by the pert, size 1 blonde bimbo in the sales office that I'm "right on target for the end of February or middle of March." She was quite perky when she said it, too. As if I should be pleased.

Riiiiiiight.

I'm one of four units in a building and we're at studs, Tyvek, a roof that's shingled. There has been little bad weather to halt construction for more that a day or so. Seemingly all the important structural crap is in place. You'd think that now they could easily begin moving on the tasks of running the wiring, insulation, plumbing, the HVAC system, then eventually the windows, siding, gutters, drywall, paint, flooring, appliances, etc.

My mistake.

My friend, who has done construction, told me last night that I'm eight weeks out based on my description of where the construction stands right now.

So... what gives??

I placed another phone call today to speak with bimbo, or my original salesperson who's back from maternity leave. That was 90 minutes ago.

Spineless jellyfish.

No comments: