Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Away in a Different Manger: Update

Well, it's seems the critical players arrived to fill the empty manger just in time for Christmas. I'm assuming the previous display was the "before". And here we have the "after".

Which makes me wonder... was the "before" display considered December 24, 0000 B.C. and the "after" December 25, 0000 A.D.? I'm seriously wondering. I don't know.

I suppose by some accounts, I'm going to burn in hell.

2 comments:

the queen said...

I always thought that the 25th(ish) was when he was born, then there was 33 years of unaccounted-for time, then the day after the resurrection was day one of a.d. I am probably wrong. Still, the dividing line should probably be the resurrection (should that be capitalized?)not the birth, because when he really starts doing the impressive shit. Anyway, everyone agrees that 0 bc is more probably 4 b.c.. I imagine the Jewish calendar is more accurate. Has it really been 5700-odd years since the exodus? Time flies when you're being persecuted.

Mershy said...

It does zing by, doesn't it?